Sunday, September 28, 2014

Logo Module 5


1.) I thought creating my logo was incredibly hard.  I had to pin point one thing that represents myself well enough in order to even begin to think about my logo design.  That was the most difficult part.

2.) First I thought about the kinds of things that represent teachers, such as books, apples, rulers etc.  I then used those symbols to start my first sketches. My first idea was just an open book but after realizing that it looked too plain I decided for my second sketch I would incorporate the ruler and pencil into the logo.  As I was drawing that, it hit me that I could place the ruler and pencil in the form of an "L" which could create a cleaner look.  The third sketch nailed it when I finally added my name, and a little about myself, creating a combination logo design.

3.) I discovered while creating my logo that close proximity is incredibly important.  I also discovered that each time I tried the logo got better and better.  Small changes added up to create one great piece.

4.) I learned that the logo design really has to connect with the product it represents.  The powerpoint was most helpful.  I found the videos somewhat helpful but truly gained most of my logo creation knowledge from the powerpoint provided.





No comments:

Post a Comment