Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Module 10 Video Review


1.) I chose to watch the video on Hinduism because I know that those who of the Hindu religion have made beautiful art before, and I was curious to see what some of those creations may look like.

I also chose to watch the video on African art because I know this week we are going to be asked to make masks and the first thing I think of when I think of African art is tribal masks,  I figured this video could help me in my mask creations.

2.) In the African art video it went on to explain how everyday life incorporates art.  The sculptures, masks, and buildings or architecture that is present in their area all incorporate their style of art.  The aesthetics are some of the most important features in African art.

In the Hinduism video, the art of India is presented.  This art contains some carved stone shrine like features, and is extremely religious based.  Some of the Hindu art is even erotic, this surprised me greatly.

3.) Both videos were culturally relevant, which is what the text brought up as well.  Both the african art, and the Hinduism art have many culture aspects that made the art aesthetically recognizable and pleasing!

4.) My opinion of these videos is that both were informative, and somewhat interesting.  There were a few surprises in each video that made me think about the art in a more culturally relevant way than I had before.  Each video was useful in my learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment