Thursday, October 9, 2014

Module 7 video response

Architecture: The Science of design:

1.) This video explained the science of architecture, the fact that the buildings can't only just look nice, but are made of steel skeletons that will surely hold the building up.  The video went into depth of the parts of the architecture of the building and techniques of building skyscrapers.

2.) This video relates to the text in the sense that it talks about architecture being an art, but a scientific art.  Both sources acknowledge the amount of work that goes into architecture.

3.) This film was very interesting and helpful because it went beyond the art aspect of architecture. I learned the science and details that need to happen to create a building.  This film made me appreciate architecture more because to showed how crucial each step is.

4.) I chose this film simply because the title interested me.  I wanted to understand more in a scientific specific way about the architecture process.

Last Call For Planet Earth: Sustainable Development and Architecture

1.) This film went over our need for change to protect our environment.  Architecture/building has a huge impact on our resources and environment and we can improve certain things in order to maintain a healthy environment.  This is in everyone's best interest.

2.)Design and our environment are huge innovative things we need to acknowledge. Both the text and the video discuss the consciousness of saving our environment from unnecessary depletion.

3.) This film was extensive, however it gave me a more in depth view of the innovative strategies we are coming up with to improve our environment.  Overall, it was very informative.

4.) I chose this film because the synopsis mentioned how innovation is crucial and I immediately agreed.  I thought this one would be the most interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment